MoneyAhoy.com – June Update
For the sake of completeness, I’m also going to put up some recent MoneyAhoy.com posts from June. It’s almost the end of July now, so as you can tell I’m a little behind. I can believe I wrote so many of these in June – hopefully someone out there finds them at least mildly useful! I’m especially proud of the Frugal Guide for Buying a Used Car article.
- June 2013 Money Making, Saving, and Investing Report – Here we took a little bit of a step back. I wasn’t able to make a ton of headway on our goals for the money and we only saved ~48% of our gross income.
- Save Money When Brushing Your Teeth – This was a good one. I always turn the water off when I brush my teeth, but my wife will frequently leave it on. I’ve noticed some changes in her behavior since the article.
- Simple Money Quiz – I thought this article was particularly clever about how to grade yourself on earning, saving, and investing income – it didn’t really get all that much acclaim for some reason.
- Frugal Guide for Buying a Used Car – This was my favorite post of the month. I took a lot of input from reddit.com to put this together. I plan to use a lot of the tips here to buy a used Corolla.
- Cut Soft Drinks Out of Your Life – This was another good one. Can you believe that some families spend more than $600 a year on soda???
- The Difference Between Frugal and Cheap – Another post that I got the idea from off of reddit.com. It was also kinda a dud as there weren’t many comments for it.
- Yard Sale Deals – 6/1/13 – I got some terrific yard sale deals here. Check it out!
- How to Setup and LLC – Checklist – The final portion of the LLC series. Hopefully someone will find it helpful!
There you have it! A pretty busy month in June. Eight posts doesn’t sound like a lot in a month, but it sure felt like it at the time. Being gone out of the country for a week on vacation meant that it was really only 3 weeks. I’ve been busy in July as well, so look for another update soon!