MoneyAhoy.com – October Update
I’ve returned with the latest MoneyAhoy article update. Here I’ll discuss posts that I published for the month of October. This should catch you up on the progress that I’ve been making over there. Some of these are great reads, check them out:
- Progressive Snapshot Review – This is a review article where I discuss how you can save up to 30% on your car insurance by signing up for Progressive’s Snapshot program. It is a little electronic device that you plug into your car’s dataport. It tracks your speed, miles driven, and how many times you slam on the brakes to calculate your savings.
- Book Review – A Random Walk Down Wall Street – This is a great book that I highly recommend you check out. It covers just about any stock picking strategy under the sun and shows why you’ll be best off by investing in low fee market index funds. Definitely put it on your reading list if you’re looking to start or improve on your investing.
- The Money Saving Master Table – Here I compile all of my actionable money saving articles in one table that you can sort based on difficulty to implement, savings, time to complete, and savings per hour. It can really help you focus on where you should be saving.
- Saving Money versus Making Money – Here I discuss whether it is more important to save money or make money.
- Give Yourself a Haircut – A post on how you can give yourself a haircut using clippers to save ~$100 a year. A good money saving practice for the adventurous.
- Book Review – I Will Teach You to Be Rich – A second book review for the month of October. I really enjoyed this book as well. It’s a little more suited towards beginners of personal finance, but the second half gets more down into the details. I highly recommend it!
- Free Book Giveaway – FlexScore – The first giveaway I hosted on the MoneyAhoy.com website. The giveaway was marginally successful (gave away five out of ten books). It was fun to learn how to use rafflecopter.
- How to Get Paid for Your Hobby – Here I discuss how you can enjoy your hobby and get paid for it at the same time. A pretty cool read.
So, there you have it – eight articles in total for October. I hope you check some of them out – I’m sure you’ll find something helpful.